[PlanetCCRMA] fluidsynth-dssi

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 22:27:35 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 28, 2010, at 4:20 AM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently having problems with fluidsynth-dssi and rosegarden4 :
>>
>> I can select and start the fluidsynth-dssi plugin, but it only makes
>> noises instead of nice sounds. Starting normal fluidsynth (with or without
>> qsynth) works fine, and also other dssi plugins like hexter and whysynth
>> make nice music. It is just the fluidsynth-dssi that is making noise. If I
>> say "noise" I mean that in the literal sense. It sounds a bit like white
>> and pink noise, instead of drums, brass, and strings.
>>
>> Before I post a bug report on Bugzilla:
>> 1) Is anyone else having the same problem ?
>>
>> Yes, this issue has been reported on both the LAU and fluid-dev lists.
>> <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.users/67843#>
>> <http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2010-09/msg00050.html>
>>
>> 2) How can I test if it is a fluidsynth-dssi problem or a Rosegarden
>> problem
>> ? Or: How can I test fluidsynth-dssi without Rosegarden ? )
>>
>> This looks like a fluidsynth-related problem for which a ticket has been
>> opened.
>> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/ticket/87
>>

> As Ebrahim pointed out this is a fluidsynth issue. Sorry, this use
> case got slipped through our tests. As a workaround, you can fall back
> to fluidsynth-1.1.1 which is unaffected by this bug (but unfortunately
> affected by other bugs). fluidsynth-1.1.1 should still be in repos. If
> not, grab it from koji

I ported a fix from upstream trunk. You can get fluidsynth-1.1.2-2
from updates-testing or from koji:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1741

Please leave feedback on bodhi, so we can get this to stable updates
repo faster.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/fluidsynth

Orcan