[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Summer Coding Idea: Musicians' Guide to Fedora

Christopher Antila crantila at gmail.com
Mon May 10 14:03:43 PDT 2010

Hello Orcan:

Thank you for that link.  I had found the page a while ago, but then
lost it.  It will prove to be very useful.

I have a tendency to be overly verbose, so I cut my first message short.
  Unfortunately, I also left out some important details.  The best
source of information on being a mentor starts here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_Coding_2010#You_are_a_mentor but I
will summarize.

My understanding is that the qualifications for being a mentor are
relatively few.  It seems that, as long as you are able to commit to the
time, and as long as you know the required material, then you are
qualified.  I cannot be sure of the time commitments, and it will
certainly depend on the requirements of the project itself.  The
earlier-linked page has much more information, and there is a mailing
list for mentors at Fedora.  It seems like this particular project is
best suited for at least two mentors (one from the Docs SIG at Fedora,
and one from either CCRMA or the Music SIG).

The comments that I have received so far have been of all sorts - but
they all strengthen my belief that a guide through basic audio tasks
would be highly valuable to the Fedora (Linux?) community.

Christopher.