[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Summer Coding Idea: Musicians' Guide to Fedora

Christopher Antila crantila at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:46:18 PDT 2010

Hello:

I am a Canadian university student who would like to take part in the
Fedora Summer Coding process.  My academic background is in Music, but I
have taken some courses in Computer Science.  My idea is to write a
guide for musicians using Fedora (see the idea page here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_Coding_2010_ideas_-_Fedora_Musicians'_Guide).

The idea, basically, is to get people started with the various programs
available in Fedora and Planet CCRMA.  The idea page is far from a
complete project, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  What
I need now is a mentor to guide me through the project!  Ideally, that
task would be split between people from the Docs SIG, and the music
community (which includes Planet CCRMA.

As before, any comments will be helpful - thank you for reviewing this
project.

Christopher Antila.

N.B. I have also posted this to three Fedora lists: docs, music, and
summer-coding-discuss