[PlanetCCRMA] qtractor on planetccrma older than rpmfusion version?

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri May 7 14:53:50 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Niels Mayer wrote:
> Looks like rpmfusion-free-updates carries the latest qtractor
> (http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-index.html  http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qtractor/qtractor-0.4.5.tar.gz
> )
>>
>> > yum --enablerepo planetccrma list '*qtractor*'

>> qtractor.x86_64                0.4.5-1.fc12
>> rpmfusion-free-updates
>>
>> qtractor-debuginfo.x86_64      0.4.3-0.1.fc12.ccrma       planetccrma

Yeah, it's one package that I not so carefully built for rpmfusion a
long time ago and I kept updating it. I believe that is the only
conflict between rpmfusion and planetccrma (correct me if I'm wrong).
I originally intended to submit it to Fedora, but I didn't because of
the lame (mp3 encoder) dependency.

I don't know what is the best way out of this. We could get rid of
qtractor in either planetccrma or rpmfusion. I don't mind maintaining
it at rpmfusion though. But then again, it is a 3rd party repo,
relying on individuals who actually run it. From what I can tell,
rpmfusion is going to be with us for a while.

Fernando, what's your take on this? I am fine either way.

Out of topic:
By the way, we just got zita-resampler into Fedora. I am going to do a
couple more updates (guitarix, rosegarden etc) and make an
announcement next week.

Out of topic 2:
Niels, rosegarden developers were trying to reproduce your crash but
they couldn't. Did you (or could you) get in touch with them for
figuring out what is wrong. See the end of the  "Re:
[Rosegarden-devel] [Rosegarden-user] ROSEGARDEN 10.04 RELEASED"
thread, the one with 10+ replies:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=rosegarden-devel

They needed information on your MMC sync use case.

Orcan