[PlanetCCRMA] using qmidiroute for midi device control....

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:12:57 PDT 2010

I'm trying to hook-up the MIDI control surface on a Behringer
BCD3000<http://Behringer+BCD3000> to
control a studio mastering processor.

I was directed towards qmidiroute as the way to solve the problem:
"QMidiRoute is a MIDI router and filter utility."

I'm currently stuck on how to properly do program changes (e.g  to switch
presets) without mapping a controller change on a knob to program change
directly. I wanted to do a "prev/next" setup on two adjacent buttons, but
there's no place to store the current patch, nor any way to increment or
decrement. QMidiRoute could use some simple scripting facilities to enable
this. Or is there some other feature that I'm not seeing, or some obscure
use of "invert" or "offset" that I just don't get -- I'm using "fixed"
throughout.

Unfortunately, with the current version, you can't give it the ".qmr" file
to load on the command line, which means no way of automating the setup,
e.g.using qjackcontrol's "Setup...->Options->Execute Script After Startup"
to run
'qmidiroute bcd3000-to-finalizer-jacknroute-led-control-of-cueplay.qmr' .

The 0.3 version supports command-line file option and fixes some issues. Any
chance CCRMA can  update to the latest version:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alsamodular/files/QMidiRoute/0.3.0/NEWS.txt/download??
( The F10 srpm is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alsamodular/files/QMidiRoute/0.3.0/qmidiroute-0.3.0-1.fc10.src.rpm/download

Source:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alsamodular/files/QMidiRoute/0.3.0/qmidiroute-0.3.0.tar.gz/download)

FYI I was able to map a few sliders, knobs, and buttons so far. This is a
very tedious process, just to setup a simple mapping to let me control a 5
band parametric eq, normalizer gain, input gain, output fade, and analog
output level, and a few useful-starting point presets...

file bcd3000-to-finalizer-jacknroute-led-control-of-cueplay.qmr

1 1
A:Pitch Slider->Input Level
1 1
0 0 0