[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA Digest, Vol 25, Issue 15

Tue Mar 16 14:30:50 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 10:57 +0000, Spencer Goh wrote:
> Hi  Fernando et. al,
>
> I sent you a mail about the kernel builds, perhaps it got lost.

Arghh, no it did not, it just caught me in a very busy period and then
I, ahem, forgot to go back to it. Sorry.

> As a technical focused person (developer) I'm very interested in
> exactly what patches you have applied to the kernel and what flags you
> set in building the kernel.

All the source packages are available here:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/12/SRPMS/
(for Fedora 12, replace 12 with the # of the distro you want)

> Could you release this information alongside each kernel release so
> that I can keep track of this.
>
> I assume you are essentially applying Ingo Molnar's RT patches?

I'm applying the rt patches from here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/

(maintained by a lot of people, Thomas Gleixner, Ingo Molnar, etc, etc).
The builds follow the configuration and extra patches (as much as
possible) of the Fedora builds. The information on which patches exactly
and which Fedora release is contained in the spec file of the source
package.

> Is there anything else you are doing?
> Changing default kernel parameters, sysctl attibutes etc.?

It is all in the .src.rpm.
What are you trying to accomplish?
-- Fernando