[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA Digest, Vol 25, Issue 15

Spencer Goh email at spencergoh.com
Sat Mar 13 02:57:47 PST 2010

Hi  Fernando et. al,

I sent you a mail about the kernel builds, perhaps it got lost.
As a technical focused person (developer) I'm very interested in exactly
what patches you have applied to the kernel and what flags you set in
building the kernel.
Could you release this information alongside each kernel release so that I
can keep track of this.

I assume you are essentially applying Ingo Molnar's RT patches?
Is there anything else you are doing?
Changing default kernel parameters, sysctl attibutes etc.?

I'm very grateful that you take time to do these builds, but unless I know
what's specifically in the build, I'll probably have to duplicate the effort
and patch the kernel manually myself.

Regards
Spencer

  4. fc12: new kernel in testing (based on 2.6.33-rt7)