[PlanetCCRMA] new packages in Fedora updates-testing (2010-03-13)

Sun Mar 14 14:55:10 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 05:15 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 21:42 -0800, Niels Mayer wrote:
> >> Seems like the issue w/ this jconvolver is that it's looking for a
> >> missing library link file
> >>
> >> gnulem-121-~/Download> ldd /usr/bin/jconvolver
> >> libzita-convolver.so.2 => not found
> >
> > argh, sorry. Yes, Orcan's version is creating the proper so.x links and
> > mine is just installing as is from the tarball without tweaks.
> > Regretfully my version is overriding Fedora's and thus the problem. The
> > beauties of separate repositories...
> >
> > Hmmm. Orcan, I should probably fix this on my side by recreating the
> > Planet CCRMA package from the Fedora .src.rpm (with a higher e-v-r) and
> > fixing anything that breaks on my side (if anything). Then on the next
> > upgrade from Fedora things will get back to normal. Opinions?
> >

> Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

Ok, done. I have released 2.0.0-1.1.fc12.ccrma for Fedora 12. The only
problem that could happen is the release of a 2.0.0-1 in Fedora 13
(instead, a -2 release number would be best). Anyway, I can always fix
that on my end as well and things will go back to normal on the next
release of zita-convolver.

Hmmm, maybe I should always release all my packages with a 0.x release
number so that they are always overriden by Fedora (a trick used many
many years ago by Extras when it was not even part of Fedora).