[PlanetCCRMA] uninstall pulseaudio to increase audio-app stability across updates (was Re: yum update)

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:29:34 PST 2010

Forgot to mention gnome-volume-control -- don't use it as it expects
pulseaudio.

Instead, create a custom launcher on the panel that runs alsamixer with the
chosen device e.g.
"xterm -geometry 160x24 +sb -e alsamixer -c SB" or "envy24control"
"echomixer" "hdspmixer" "cspctl" etc from package 'alsa-tools'.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com