[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia on kernel-rt?

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Tue Mar 2 12:02:43 PST 2010

I've been using the akmod for 2 years, it works great.
All you need is to load the kernel*devel* from Planet CCRMA and
follow the instructions from this Fedora Forum post:

The first restart after a new RT-kernel will take a bit longer as
the akmod rebuilds the driver.  It does the same thing for the
new fedora kernels, except after a few days it replaces the
akmod with the kmod when available from RPMFusion.

nouveau is the new default nvidia driver with fedora 12, you will
have to blacklist it to use the akmod-nvidia drivers.  IF you don't
need 3D (and most music work doesn't) I would recommend using
the nouveau drive to help support its development, it now has 3D
capability and is improving every day.

Most fedora users like the intel graphics adapters because they
just work out of the box.  I believe that nvidia with the akmod
drivers is faster 3D than the intel.  The Fedora Forum has had a
lot of chatter about ATI drivers this last year and I have not had
good luck this them, but I am not a Linux hacker.

Thanks, -- Jeff