[PlanetCCRMA] [Fedora-music-list] new packages in Fedora updates-testing (2010-06-02)

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Thu Jun 3 00:27:29 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> canorus-0.7-6.R1213.20100530svn:
> This project started promising. But at some point the developers
> seemed to lost interest. It gets updates pretty rarely. Anyone using
> it?

I have tried it and I don't like it. As you said it started promising.
But I'm afraid this is an example of much ambition but not enough
manpower: The development team and the number of contributors and the
time they are able/willing are just too small. I have no right to blame
them, I don't give them much help either. But Canorus does have potential,
it just needs some (a lot of?) work. Anyone willing to help ?

At this moment NtEd and Muse Score (mscore) are more interesting IMO. I
don't know about denemo, I never really tried that one. AT first sight I
did not understand how to use it.

--

Martin