[PlanetCCRMA] RT Kernel Crash

Tue Jul 6 14:40:07 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 03:32 -0700, Tracey Hytry wrote:
> > After some experimenting, I removed abrt.  Viola!  No more crashes, or
> > do we think that it's just that there are no more messages and the
> > crashes are still occurring?  In any case, the system runs beautifully.
> > What do we make of this?
>
> So very strange, I have no idea what to make of it.
> A bug reporting tool is buggy and causes crashes?
> That would be very funny!

It most probably flags any kernel warning as a "crash" and then pops up
a warning to the user. For warnings that have no side effects that could
be annoying. So the computer did not really "crash" but that's what the
user says (of course there should be no kernel warnings at all).

-- Fernando

(sorry for the delay, I was away without email access for a few days)