[PlanetCCRMA] Booting a 32-bit install on a 64-bit machine

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Tue Jul 6 10:22:33 PDT 2010

If the hard drive device name is the same from old to new, this will
work fine under F13.  If not, you can boot up LiveCD and change the
device name appropriately in /etc/fstab, and it will come up fine.

Windows is another story.  Major hardware changes usually require a
complete reload, unless you use a tool like StorageCraft which can
handle bare metal restores and the related driver problems.

J.E.B.