[PlanetCCRMA] Questions that might be able to be added to the FAQs

Robert Vogel vogelrl at ct.metrocast.net
Tue Jan 26 06:28:23 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 13:02 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 00:13 -0500, William M. Quarles wrote:

> > > Thanks...
> > >

> > Wow, those ellipses worry me. I hope I didn't offend?
>
> Not at all!
> -- Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Looking at the CCRMA website a couple of months ago, it appeared that
Fedora 10 was the bet initial install for CCRMA. That's how I installed
it on my quad core AMD 64 machine. But now it keeps reminding me that
Fedora 11 upgrades are available. Should I let it do the upgrade ? or
would it be better to do a fresh install ?

I'm about to try assembling a new machine and I am having trouble
figuring out which soundcard would be best for a PlanetCCRMA install. It
seems like the ones best supported by alsa are no longer available
readily. Do you have a preference ?

Your paper on 'noiseless computers' is excellent. Could you recommend a
parts list that you would prefer to use if you were configuring a new
machine today ?

Bob