[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 12, real-time kernel and Nvidia :, yes we can

Roger Dannenberg rbd at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 22 18:41:41 PST 2010

Matt,
    Thanks a million! Just for the record, in case others go down this
path, I had to

yum install rpb-build (to get rpmbuild)
yum install kmodtool (to get kmodtool needed before one of the steps
would complete)
yum erase xorg-x11-drv-nvidia (Initially, when I tried your method, I
got conflicts. I assume this is because some other method I tried was
wrong but managed to install a package that just caused "depsolving
problems". I removed what seemed to be the offending package. After
that, I repeated your yum --localinstall step, rebooted, and accelerated
OpenGl is happening.)

finally, I couldn't compile an opengl app without glu.h, so I did:
yum install mesa-libGLU-devel

-Roger