[PlanetCCRMA] hdsploader and Fedora 12

Joe Dell'Orfano fullgo at dellorfano.net
Wed Jan 20 04:34:24 PST 2010

Hi all,

I am testing fedora 12 on my 64-bit system using Planet CCRMA
repositories. Everything boots and runs (even RT kernel) except my
multiface II. On Fedora 8, the Multiface generally initialized at the
udev phase of bootup. I say "generally" because at times it doesn't
initialize, requiring several power off cycles. Interestingly, once the
firmware is loaded by FC8, if I then boot into FC12 (I have it set up as
a dual boot system in order to maintain my working production system),
hdspmixer crashes (although hdspconfig works). It seems that the FC8
firmware remains loaded (perhaps an older version of the alsa firmware).
When I am in FC12, hdsploader fails with a "device busy" error.

The multiface II is running off of PCIe on IRQ17, which is apparently
shared with my Radeon card, also in PCIe port. I cannot reassign this
IRQ in BIOS, and I haven't been able to plug into another PCIe port.

Any help? Is there some FC12 udev magic I must do?

Thanks!

-Joe Dell'Orfano