[PlanetCCRMA] Pd-extended USB audio output on FC12

Peter Kirn peter at createdigitalmedia.net
Tue Jan 19 11:49:02 PST 2010

Okay, a couple of confusing things here:

1. Just removing alsa-plugins-pulseaudio doesn't appear to be enough.
Aren't there other packages and configuration files involved? In fact,
isn't GNOME pretty much set to default to pulseaudio?

I may have to go back to some of those routines for removing
pulseaudio from Ubuntu, as I suspect it'd be a similar issue here. Of
course, this is assuming this is a good idea to begin with, as opposed
to just resolving why the daemon isn't shutting down correctly.

2. Is there a reason the asoundconf macro is now missing from alsa-utils?

Peter