[PlanetCCRMA] Freezes and lag with a Terratec phase X24

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Mon Jan 18 05:07:05 PST 2010

A little off topic here, but it may be important to some folks.

I'm running a dual a AMD dual core with 4 gig ram currently in it.

I'm using fedora 11 x8_64.

Sometimes when I close firefox (newest fedora),  firefox will continue to run in the backround using all of the cpu(at least one of the cores in this case).

I was told by someone from the gentoo lists that this is(was) a known bug.

Most of the time it's easy to find when this happens and I just do a "ps aux" and kill it.  That frees up the machine.

Also, I did notice one time that jack was pretty messed up and I had to restart the machine.  I have no idea what caused it, if it was firefox munching the system, too many suspends/wakeups, or the evil nvidia driver.