[PlanetCCRMA] lost desktop bottom bar

Peter Adamson padamson at rochma.com
Mon Jan 4 07:15:15 PST 2010

The program is called gnome-panel.

See if it is running:

[root at Peter peter]# ps awx |grep panel
  2235 ?        S      0:08 gnome-panel

If it is not, you can find where it is, and read the man pages:
[root at Peter peter]# whereis gnome-panel
gnome-panel: /usr/bin/gnome-panel /usr/share/gnome-panel
/usr/share/man/man1/gnome-panel.1.gz

There must be a config file somewhere of course but I haven't found it.

You could run it manually, and then right-click on it to configure the
new panel. Perhaps this would cause it to be saved.

Sorry I can't be more specific since my panel is intact, so I can't
reproduce your problem!

Cheers,
Peter