[PlanetCCRMA] audio breaking and cpu load?

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 22 10:52:50 PST 2010

I am trying to understand why I'm experiencingaudible breaks with audio.
I'm running FC10 with a firewire card (SaffireLE). I'm running a somewhat
complicated pd patch but, as far as I could test, each component in it
works fine but when they're combined I sometimes get problems. I already
tried to economise on processing in Pd (for example removing graphic
elements).
But I also noticed that when I'm running only jack and Pd (no patch open
and dsp off) my cpuload is still around 30%. The machine is not very old
(1 YO thinkpad).
Any ideas where to look for more savings?

thanks
Oded