[PlanetCCRMA] firewire-jack-pd

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Feb 13 10:41:46 PST 2010

I'm somewhat baffled by the behaviour I'm getting from my system recently.
I'm developing a Pd patch for a somewhat complicated setting which means
the patch is getting complex.
The strange thing is that it seems to be running ok when I'm using an old
USB soundcard using the oss emulation layer (pd -oss)
but when I'm trying it on a new firewire card with jack(*) I'm getting a
lot of A/D/A sync errors with audible clicks.
I tried changing the buffer size in qjackctl from 64 to 512 and also
trying 3/4 frames nothing seem to work (except make things impossibly
worse at 64)

Any suggestions?

thanks
Oded
(*) firewire card == SaffireLE with 6 outputs. usb card == Quattro. Since
I'll need the 6 outputs eventually I really hope to get it working.