[PlanetCCRMA] FC14

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Dec 31 08:23:07 PST 2010

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano writes:
> ... ... most probably you
> have to add your user to the proper group to be able to get realtime
> scheduling enabled. Hmmm, maybe I should add an extra package in Planet
> CCRMA to enable all users (although some will complain about the
> security risks of doing so).

I've never understood those purported risks. Seems to me there's far
more risk of inoperative systems than of actual privacy violations.

And, it also strikes me that there's some kind of heavy prejudice
underlying it all. Everyone takes for granted the notion that a user
who sits down at a computer will interact with a monitor, yet there's all
kinds of  falderal about who gets to hear audio from it. Am I alone in
seeing a disconnect here?

Janina