[PlanetCCRMA] jack+firewire

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 09:53:14 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM, S C Rigler wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:13:53 -0500, Orcan Ogetbil
> wrote:
>
>> I don't know about the fwdiag, but to get the ffado-test you need to
>> install the ffado package
>> # yum install ffado
>> The libffado package contains the library only. The applications stuff
>> are in the ffado package.
>>
>> Orcan
>>

> It doesn't look like ffado-test made it into my install of ffado:

Sorry, I meant ffado-diag. Refreshing my memory, I realized that we
left the test suite out during the package review since it seemed like
the tests were for development purposes only. Of course this might be
a wrong assumption. Currently, the test suite consists of:

./dbus_test.py
./test-avccmd
./scan-devreg
./systemtests/ffado-test-isorecv
./systemtests/ffado-test-isoxmit
./systemtests/test-clock_nanosleep
./systemtests/gen-loadpulses
./systemtests/test-sysload
./test-volume
./test-timestampedbuffer
./test-echomixer
./test-ieee1394service
./test-bufferops
./dumpiso_mod
./test-devicestringparser
./test-scs
./streaming/ffado-test-streaming-ipcclient
./streaming/ffado-test-streaming-ipc
./streaming/ffado-test-streaming
./test-messagequeue
./test-streamdump
./test-focusrite
./test-watchdog
./test-enhanced-mixer
./test-ipcringbuffer
./test-shm
./test-dice-eap
./test-fw410
./ffado-test

Do you folks need any of these executables bundled in the ffado
package? Or maybe, do you need all of them?

If that's the case, please file a bug at https://bugzilla.redhat.com
with the reasons so that I have a reference. When people ask me "Why
did you re-include the tests?" I can say "Look at this bug, the users
need these tests."

Thanks,
Orcan