[PlanetCCRMA] Anyone tried gcc -mfast-fp ?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Tue Apr 27 15:57:09 PDT 2010

Just did a semi-last once-over of the gcc optimizations, before
committing to the first rpm setup for Yoshimi. Found this:

-mfast-fp
Link with the fast floating-point library. This library relaxes
some of the IEEE floating-point standard’s rules for checking
inputs against Not-a-Number (NAN), in the interest of performance.

Anyone tried it? Yoshimi is already doing -ffast-math, which has similar
warnings.

--

When we were married, Lori and I were reminded
that men like to be "dragonslayers".

Today we had a laugh: a man's wife had better tell him
about her pet dragon!

http://talk.ponderworthy.org