[PlanetCCRMA] USB (& firewire) interface

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 27 09:37:20 PDT 2010

>> I have been using the M-Audio quattro for a few years. I can get 4 channel
>> playback but I could never get it to work with Jack (not even stereo),
>> just with alsa.
> I have the same interface. How did you manage to get anything useful with ALSA?
> I've battled with the interface for two years and finally gave up and

I am able to get 1 in 4 out under alsa. There is a trick using .asoundrc
to create a virtual 4 channel device out of the 2 stereo devices. I can
post the version I have for FC12 if anyone is interested. It works well
with snd using MUS_ALSa_DEVICE, I couldn't get Pd to use it though, and no
luck getting jack to play nice with it.

Oded