[PlanetCCRMA] Greetings, RT+Vbox, and the repo server

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Sat Apr 24 14:54:17 PDT 2010

>> Greetings.  I am very impressed indeed with the PlanetCCRMA work.  I am
>> using 12 on a year-old AMD64 platform, nVidia chipset.  Two questions:
>>
>> 1.  Is the repo server down?  Are there mirrors I should plug into?
>>
> Hmmm, it looks like it is working from where I am. What messages do you
> get? There are a few mirrors, they are listed in the planetccrma web
> pages.
>
> -- Fernando

Here is what I get.  I wonder if there is a way I can tell the
fastestmirror plugin about the others.

J.E.B.

[jeb at jebslinux ~]$ yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
You need to be root to perform this command.
[jeb at jebslinux ~]$ su -
Password:
[root at jebslinux ~]# clear

[root at jebslinux ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
  * fedora: mirror.fdcservers.net
  * fedora-source: mirror.fdcservers.net
  * updates: mirror.fdcservers.net
  * updates-source: mirror.fdcservers.net
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml

Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
planetos. Please verify its path and try again
[root at jebslinux ~]#

--

When we were married, Lori and I were reminded that men like to be
"dragonslayers".