[PlanetCCRMA] O2 joggler: linux tablet as music control surface w/ qmidictl/qmidinet ??

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:53:52 PDT 2010

An interesting possibility for control-surface for
http://qmidictl.sourceforge.net/qmidictl-index.html via
http://qmidinet.sourceforge.net/qmidinet-index.html using the cheap and
hacker-friendly "O2 Joggler" tablet (instead of expensive Nokia N900).

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2010-April/023226.html

50 quid (for 14 days from 2nd April) and free delivery gets you a 7

inch touch screen device with:-

> 1.3GHz Intel Atom CPU

1GB storage

512MB RAM

Wired ethernet

Broadcom b/g/n WiFi

Audio + headphone jack

USB port

> http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler

> It seems to come with a cut-down version of Ubuntu Hardy and can be

flashed to run 'proper' Ubuntu or Netbook Edition if you wish.

> I thought it might be useful as a mythtv frontend for my desk or

bedside, or maybe even an IP telephone when paired with a suitable USB

headset.

> Some links I've gathered:-

> http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler

http://robhu.livejournal.com/750902.html

http://magician.gforums.de/wiki/index.php5?title=UNE_Installation

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=21187242

http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripherals/review/2009/07/01/O2-Joggler/p1

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/peripherals/253801/o2-joggler

 <http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/646001/o2-joggler-49-99-now-with-free-app->http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/646001/o2-joggler-49-99-now-with-free-app-

Question: Does F12 run on the joggler?? Any experience/interest in getting
qmidictl on joggler?? This combo might well make the cheapest MIDI control
surface on the market, for those that can't afford the dreamy multitouch
http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php .

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com