[PlanetCCRMA] FC11 CCRMA i686 kernel PAE only? Because?

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Mon Sep 28 10:47:00 PDT 2009

> William said:
>
> Why is the FC11 i686 kernel only available with PAE? Isn't that
> a pain for the many of us who don't need PAE?

This was a fedora decision to reduce the number of kernels that
they needed to maintain.  They found the overhead to support PAE
was very low and it worked on almost all processors since PIII.  So
now it is either i686-PAE or x86_64 kernels from fedora, and since
PD isn't available for 64 bit yet, I'll use the PAE kernel.

If you have any problem with the PAE kernel you should write a
bug report with fedora.
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys