[PlanetCCRMA] planetccrma-apps missing in F11 repo - more work for you

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Sun Sep 27 20:46:37 PDT 2009

Fernando replied to my question about the missing file:

> Arghh, yes, I made a mistake when copying them (the i586 package is the
> one built for i386 fc11 - multilib builds don't really work - or
> something like that). It is fixed now. Thanks for the feedback!
>
> -- Fernando

Well... The file  jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.3-1.fc11.ccrma.i586.rpm  is now there at  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/testing/11/x86_64/

But it still won't install via yum or yumex(where it's not listed at all).  But that's ok because upon seeing that it wasn't listed in yumex confirmed that there probably is no repodata for the file.  Looking in the repodata and repoview directories of the above url pretty much confirms that.

I went and downloaded the files that are needed off of the above sight and tried:

rpm -Uvh --test jack-audio-connection-kit-*

And got no errors;  so everything is built correctly and should install properly.

I  _did_not_ install the new packages via rpm because that does not fix the situation for others.

I'm going to wait until the repository is fixed up to be sure the newest jack stuff installs properly from "yum update".

Passing it back to you now ;)

Tracey