[PlanetCCRMA] Status of FedoraStudio

Tue Oct 27 15:23:58 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 02:10 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> Hi all,

(sorry for the incredibly delayed response...)

> I spent some time last week to finish modifying the .desktop files of
> Fedora's multimedia packages (both Audio and Video). This will bring
> two advantages to Fedora/PlanetCCRMA users when Fedora 12 is released:
>
> 1- We will have a "multimedia-menus" RPM package in Fedora. By
> installing this. your Multimedia/Sound&Video menu will be categorized
> nicely.
> 2- Since I tried to make the .desktop file Category entries compatible
> as much as possible with the PlanetCCRMA's menus package, Fedora
> packages will likely go to the correct submenu of the PlanetCCRMA
> menu.

Thanks!!

> The goal was to make things easily accessible. Do not hesitate to file
> bugs or just bug me with email if there is something wrong. I'm sure
> something will be wrong since I went through hundreds of Fedora
> packages. Note that there is a multimedia-menus package that is in
> F-11's updates-testing. This package is for testing purposes only, as
> I didn't modify all the .desktop files in a stable F-11 release
> (people will get mad if I do). But with F-12, your menus are gonna
> rock!

_Very good news_!...

> As usual, suggestions are welcome, since the primary target audience
> of the multimedia-menus RPM package is you folks.
>
> There are a few technical details Fernando and other PlanetCCRMA
> packagers might want to know:
> - One of the categories I used was "X-DigitalProcessing". About half
> of my way through Fedora packages, I realized that PlanetCCRMA was
> using the convention "X-Digital_Processing". Note the "_". My bad!

No problem, I'll change this for the Fedora 12 versions of the packages
I maintain (I used the "_" mainly because the menu structure is script
generated in my package, so _ gets translated into a " " for the text of
the menu).

Thanks again!
-- Fernando