[PlanetCCRMA] CentOS 5.2, CCRMA dependency problems

ruhiger ruhiger_mann at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 10:18:18 PDT 2009

Hello There,
First off, many many thanks for making CCRMA port to CentOS. I chose that
distro because @ job I use RHEL, so giving me more practice arena. I know
other distros are more innovative/suitable for Multimedia/Audio.
While installing planet-ccrma apps, I ran into the fftw3 dependency error
(as this original post). Only difference: fftw3 was the only failed
dependency. Root cause: A different version of FFTW library was installed on
my box (due to an rpmforge repo package previously installed to play
multimedia files)
Workaround/Solution?
    %sudo yum remove fftw3-devel
    %sudo yum remove fftw3
    Disabled the other conflicting repos (/etc/yum.repos.d/), leaving only
EPEL and the BASE repos.
    %yum install planetccrma-apps
I know this could've been solved thru a proper yum priorities plugin setup,
but I disabled rpmforge repo to be 100% sure. Planet CCRMA Apps are up and
running. Now time for some fun!

RUH1G3R