[PlanetCCRMA] compiling / installing older kernel

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 17:50:07 PST 2009

Hey All,

I have had consistent input audio problems with every kernel after
2.6.24.7-1.rt21.1.fc9.ccrma.x86_64.rt
As I mentioned on this list before, newer kernels cause the inputs on my
Delta 1010 sound card to crackle when I use  96kHz sample rate.  Since I
can't fix the problem I will have to figure how to install an older kernel,
with older alsa drivers (which I believe to be the problem)
Can anyone advise me on the best approach to down-grading my system in this
way?
I'm now running Fedora 10 with the latest ccrma kernel.

Thanks!