[PlanetCCRMA] dssi and vst plugins

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Wed Nov 25 23:59:46 PST 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> My first impression is that it works nicely now. I have tried with both dssi
> and (windows)vst plugins.
>
> Now that it is working with Rosegarden, I have to figure out why I can't
> start my VST plugins directly with jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so.

Solved. My fault. It was just a simple typo I made on the commandline. I
forget to put a ":" in the vst-dssi.so call. For example my Roland SH-101
clone is coming up on screen and working with:

 	jack-dssi-host vst-dssi.so:TAL-BassLine.dll

( I can recommend the Togu Audio Line (TAL) VST plugins like TAL-Uno-62,
TAL-BassLine, and TAL-Elek7ro. They work perfectly with dssi-vst on
Fedora/PlanetCCRMA (not all VST plugins do), they are for free, and they
sound great. Check out http://kunz.corrupt.ch )

--

Martin