[PlanetCCRMA] fedora 12 support (coming? here??)

Wed Nov 25 16:37:33 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 21:39 +0000, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Hey, many might have noticed that:
>   http://fedoraproject.org/
> now points to Fedora 12 as the latest version :-)
>
> You have been warned! As with new versions of anything I'd wait before
> installing the latest shinny object in a computer you need (see below
> for more details).
>
> So here's what I can offer right now:
>
> - installing planetccrma-repo will point to your planetary repositories
>
> - there is a planetccrma-core package you can install:
>
>   it will pull a 2.6.31.6-rt19 based kernel (with as many Fedora patches
>   as I could patch cleanly into the rt modified tree) and the cool
>   rtirq script (newer version that works with 2.6.31.x rt kernels)
>
> - there's also a jack-audio-connection-kit 1.9.4 svn package with the
>   correct rt priorities to match the kernel and rtirq - and a build
>   of ffado rc1 (same as in fc11). Not very well tested but jack2 svn
>   solves a transport problem that was triggered by ardour exporting a
>   soundfile.
>
> (after installing the newer jack you will need to logout/login to get
> the correct permissions for locking memory and getting access to
> realtime scheduling).
>
> You can see what's there here:
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/12/i386/repoview/
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/12/i386/repoview/
> (replace i386 by x86_64 for the 64 bit links)

Surf again to those urls for what's available now (which is pretty much
everything, I think). Apparently there was no big gcc upgrade so
building was not so bad as for some other releases :-)

Not much testing but a lot of packages released! (that's what users are
for? :-)

New versions of
  ambdec: 0.4.2
  ams: 2.0.0
  amsynth: 1.2.2
  bristol: 0.40.7
  brutefir: 1.0k
  ecasound: 2.7.0
  fweelin: 0.6
  jack: 1.9.4
  gwc: 0.21-10
  kmidimon: 0.7.1
  qtractor: 0.4.3 (will be overriden by rpmfusion)

was fixed and builds:
  avifile
(a newer release of pd-extended now includes avifile support)

Enjoy!