[PlanetCCRMA] problem on fedora 10, CCRMA, jack and terratec 22

Gabriel linux at gabriel-striewe.de
Sat Nov 14 05:16:16 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 08:01:46PM -0500, Elliott Chapin wrote:
> Fedora 11 versions are avilable at CCRMA.
>
> On 11/13/2009 07:58 PM, linux at gabriel-striewe.de wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have just today started using CCRMA. I installed the distribution
>> using your installation notes (installing fedora 10, yum update,
>> adding ccrma repo, installing ccrma).
>>
>> According to lspci, my soundcard is:
>>
>> 00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. VT1720/24
>> [Envy24PT/HT] PCI Multi-Channel Audio Controller (rev 01)
>>
>> Now, when I start jack using "jackd -R -dalsa", every few minutes I
>> get the error:
>>
>> ALSA: poll time out, polled for 31999959 usecs
>> JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync: read error, skip cycle
>>
>> And when in qjackctl I try to connect audio system input to output, it
>> doesn't do anything, just in the shell window in which I started jack:
>>
>> JackGraphManager::Connect already connected port_src = 1 port_dst = 3
>> JackGraphManager::Connect already connected port_src = 2 port_dst = 4
>>
>> which seems strange to me, since it doesn't show the connections in
>> qjackctl.
>>
>> cat /proc/asound/cards says:
>>
>> 0 [ICE1724        ]: ICE1724 - ICEnsemble ICE1724
>>                        ICEnsemble ICE1724 at 0xe800, irq 17
>>
>> I hope those error messages can give you a hint about what is
>> wrong. If there is any other output I can give you, please help..
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Gabriel

> --
> http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin

I got it working with my old card

CMI8738-MC6 - C-Media CMI8738
C-Media CMI8738 (model 55) at 0xe800, irq 17

I will now start using it and in a whild upgrade to Fedora 11 and see
whether it's going to work.

CCRMA seems to be great, thanks for the work.

I also have a Focusrite Saffire LE which I am going to test on
CCRMA. Anybody else has the device?

Greetings,

Gabriel