[PlanetCCRMA] Some question about Pd

Raphael Raccuia rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com
Mon May 11 10:08:16 PDT 2009

Hi,
I use planet ccrma especially because it seems to be
musical-programmation oriented (pd supercollider chuck etc...)
Since some months I'm using it, I also noticed it's really stable and
working well in general.
But some questions/problems/bugs with Pd:
I installed Pd-extended from ccrma-repositories

-Question: why isn't there yet the latest version?

-Problem: Is it normal that libs are not automatically loaded at
startup? (like other distributions when you install pd-extended) It's
boring adding and checking each one by one... Positive point: I learn a
lot about each externals
-in relation: I like to see on startup which libraries are loaded. In
other distribution, I get a list in main window, including eventuals
load errors. Here I get a big list of directories where pd searches the
libs to load... If I unselect "verbose" in "path...", I get nothing.

-Bug: when I open the help-browser, when I select a directory, it opens
a new part window, but then I can't return to another directory in
parent. I get this error and I have to close the browser and open again:

window name "listbox1-list" already exists in parent
    while executing
"listbox "[set b "$base.listbox$count"]-list" -yscrollcommand  [list
"$b-scroll" set] -height 20 -exportselection 0"
    (procedure "doc_make_listbox" line 12)
    invoked from within
"doc_make_listbox [winfo parent $width] $dir_to_open [incr count]"
    (procedure "doc_navigate" line 7)
    invoked from within
"doc_navigate /usr/lib/pd/doc 0 .help_browser.frame.listbox0-list 81 59"
    (command bound to event)

Thank you very much for your help
raf