[PlanetCCRMA] Sweep & Jack or How Can One Use Non-Jack Supported Programs with Jack?

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:45:17 PDT 2009

On Sweep's web site in the news section it says the release plans for stable
1.0 is to include Jack support. That was in 2006 and some other minor
releases have come out. The PlanetCCRMA is carrying the most recent version
0.9.3, so there is no direct support for Jack yet. Is there a way or tool
that I can use to get it (or any other program that uses ALSA, but doesn't
have Jack support) to be assigned to a Jack audio and midi port? If not,
what are most people doing now to use these while they are also using Jack?
At some point I would image one would want to mix in these non-Jack
resources, say, in Ardour or what not. I do realize you could mix them in
later while not using Jack, but I am curious if there are some tricks and
tools people use to enable them to use them while using Jack.

Thanks,

--Sean