[PlanetCCRMA] PulseAudio, ALSA and Jack -- Where's The Forest? I Only See Trees.

Tue Mar 17 10:41:01 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 00:22 +0900, Sean Beeson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:06 AM, kelly hirai
> <khirai at ongaku.isa-geek.net> wrote:
>         you should look at the jack_* family of commands:
>         jack_alias             jack_lsp
>         jack_simple_client
>         jack_connect           jack_metro             jack_transport
>         jack_disconnect        jack_midiseq
>         jack_transport_client
>         jack_evmon             jack_midisine          jack_unload
>         jack_freewheel         jack_monitor_client    jackd
>         jack_impulse_grabber   jack_netsource         jackrec
>         jack_load              jack_showtime
>
>         kelly at sundog /home/kelly/xen $ jack_connect -h
>         (null): JACK Audio Connection Kit version 0.116.2
>
>         usage: (null) [options] port1 port2
>         Connects two JACK ports together.
>
>                 -s, --server <name>   Connect to the jack server named
>         <name>
>                 -v, --version         Output version information and
>         exit
>                 -h, --help            Display this help message
>
>         For more information see http://jackaudio.org/
>
>         i know not having proper man pages bites (you have to run the
>         command not
>         knowing the effects) but they do provide hints.
>
> Oh, wow! that just put a spotlight on things. Thanks, Kelly!
>
> I did find  a man page on dice.net for Jackd. Are the man pages taken
> out of the Planet CCRMA to save space?

I think the new version of jack (jackmp) which is the default for fc10
does not come with them for some reason.

For connection management you might want to also take a look at jmess
("yum install jmess").