[PlanetCCRMA] Install of Planet CCRMA for 64-bit Fedora 10 Went Well Except On Rebooting There Is No New rt Kernel

Tue Mar 10 10:44:21 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 02:29 +0900, Sean Beeson wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I pretty much followed the simple instruction in order that are in the
> Install notes for Fedora 10.
>
> yum install planetccrma-apps went ok.
> yum install planetccrma-core  went fine.
>
> On reboot I only have one kernel which is Linux version
> 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64
> (mockbuild at xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com)
>
> I set installonly_limit=0 in /etc/yum.conf
>
> Any advice? Is there a trick to get that kernel to take since it
> seemed to build fine?

Hmmm...
What do you see in a terminal if you do:
  rpm -q kernel-rt

If planetccrma-core installed then you should have at least one realtime
kernel listed there. Then I would check the contents
of /boot/grub/grub.conf, you should have an entry there for the rt
kernel and it should probably be the default - "index" points to the 0
based index of the default kernel.