[PlanetCCRMA] Suspend/Resume not working with 2.6.29.5-1.rt21.1.fc10.ccrma.x86_64.rt

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:14:43 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 3:20 PM, S C Rigler<riglersc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 22:27 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> > It's really suspending.  The power light is blinking like it normally
>> > does when suspended.  Just when the laptop lid is opened or the power
>> > button pressed it tries to wake up (the screen comes on and a blinking
>> > cursor appears for a second) and then it resets itself.
>>
>> Ok, I was going to post to lkml to see if they can spot something, but
>> maybe you could look a bit more /var/log/messages to see what the
>> context is for that BUG statement (that is, what is happening before and
>> after - is this while powering down, trying to power up, etc), that
>> could maybe help them...
>>
>> Thanks for the report!
>> -- Fernando

Answering my post, but the suspend/resume problem is definitely
introduced by the rt patch.  I boot in a vanilla 2.6.29.5 kernel and
one with the rt-22 patch.  The vanilla kernel suspends/resumes just
fine, but the one with the rt-22 patch has the same problem where it
refuses to resume.  Of course I'm still not getting any logs...

-Steve