[PlanetCCRMA] Suspend/Resume not working with 2.6.29.5-1.rt21.1.fc10.ccrma.x86_64.rt

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 13:20:00 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 22:27 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > It's really suspending.  The power light is blinking like it normally
> > does when suspended.  Just when the laptop lid is opened or the power
> > button pressed it tries to wake up (the screen comes on and a blinking
> > cursor appears for a second) and then it resets itself.
>
> Ok, I was going to post to lkml to see if they can spot something, but
> maybe you could look a bit more /var/log/messages to see what the
> context is for that BUG statement (that is, what is happening before and
> after - is this while powering down, trying to power up, etc), that
> could maybe help them...
>
> Thanks for the report!
> -- Fernando

Resending because it looks like the moderator squashed my response.

For some reason I'm not getting any more log messages.  Any idea how I
can get more diagnostic information out of it?  So far I've tried going
through the troubleshooting guides at freedesktop.org, but they seem to
assume that suspend/resume works, just with some quirks.  My next step
was to try to build a vanilla kernel with just the rt patch to see if
maybe one of the fedora patches was the culprit, but it wouldn't
compile.

Thanks,
Steve
--