[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel-rt support for Ndiswrapper broken

Timo Sivula timo.sivula at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 22:39:38 PDT 2009

Adam,

thanks for the reply!

ke, 2009-06-03 kello 15:32 +1000, Adam Swift kirjoitti:
> This sounds exactly like a problem I was having with my RTL8139
> ethernet card. Eventually I discovered that turning on
> CONFIG_8139TOO_PIO in the kernel config solved the problem.

This would lead to me having to roll my own kernels, which I would like
to avoid.

> Is there any particular reason you need to use ndiswrapper over native
> drivers?

Yes, unfortunately there exist no native driver for this specific
version of the SMC2802W card. I bought the card after reviewing the list
of linux compatible cards just to find out there exist two versions of
the same card. I bought the wrong one :-(

Timo