[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl setting strangeness

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:40:57 PDT 2009

Hi list,

Before I was running qjackctl at 48000 Hz just fine. A few days ago I
recorded some stuff on a laptop in Ardour at 44100 Hz and then moved the
Ardour session files to the workstation I have always ran at 48000 Hz. When
I open the session it gave me an error that it was recorded at 44100 Hz, so
I backed out and in the qjackctl Setup window change the Sample Rate to
44100 Hz and restarted qjackctl. After reading and learning i could have
just imported the wave file I wanted from the Ardour session and it would
have converted it to whatever Hz I was running at, I went into qjackctl and
set the Sample Rate back to 48000. Deciding I wanted to run Zynaddsubfx at
48000 Hz I set it on the command line to do so, but Zynaddsubfx said that
the output system was running at 44100 and I should run Zyn at the same
rate. Although I did set the Sample Rate to 48000 in the qjackctl transport
grayed a bit it says 44100 Hz although, again, it is set in Setup to be
running at 48000. Are there other ways to check this and how so I get it to
run now at the Sample Rate I want? Just doing a qjackctl --help didn't list
an option for Sample Rate. Since Ardour knew the first time that the system
was running at 48000, I assume I was actually running at that rate. Is there
a configuration file that overrides what I am setting in qjackctl's Setup
window?

Any help will be great!

Thanks,

--Sean