[PlanetCCRMA] rt23 Kernel

Sat Jul 11 10:52:47 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 11:15 -0500, S C Rigler wrote:
> I noticed a lot of xruns with the new rt23 kernel.  They happen when
> nothing is going on so I'm not sure what the cause is.  An example is
> when I start Hydrogen and bring up the open file dialog I'll get 7 or
> 8 xruns.  Don't have this problem on rt22.

I did notice a problem with the internal timers and reported it to the
rt kernel gang, the effect was repeated keys when typing and problems
with the screensaver. I'm sure that is the reason for the (probably
false) xrun messages.

You should try the rt23.2 build (on fc10, still have to build it for
fc11) which reverts part of the timer changes between rt22 and rt23
(Thomas Gleixner sent me the patch), the kernel seems to work fine after
that.