[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt + GoogleEarth

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Fri Jul 10 02:46:45 PDT 2009

> When I try to run the Linux version of Google Earth with the PlanetCCRMA kernel-rt my computer hangs, and only the
> powerswitch helps. On my laptop I even have to remove my battery to be able to reboot.

Google Earth wants to use openGL for it's graphics. If you normally use a 3d graphics driver check to see if it's still doing 3d by running glxgears.

One of the computers here has a nvidia card that needs the nvidia drivers to function properly(the xorg driver doesn't work well).  That computer gets along with the regular fedora kernels, but not the real-time kernels(3d stops working and google earth is so slow it seems as if the computer is hung).

I don't know if this is the same problem.