[PlanetCCRMA] installing older rt kernel

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:01:51 PST 2009

HI Fernando,

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <
nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 22:26 -0400, francis keyes wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > How do I install older versions of the rt kernel?
> >
> > My current kernel is:  2.6.26.8-1.rt12.2.fc9.ccrma.x86_64.rt
> > I recently upgraded to this and am now finding that my delta-1010 card
> > crakles on all the inputs.  I had no problems with the previous
> > kernel.
>
> Hmmm, the old kernel should still be there, you just need to select it
> when grub starts. Do you remember which kernel was the one that was
> working?

I used to do this, but last week I had a  hard drive fail and had to install
from scratch, the old kernel was of course not installed this time.

> You can always see which kernels are available with:
>  yum list kernel
> (for the Fedora kernels) or
>  yum list kernel-rt
> (for the Planet CCRMA kernels)

yum list kernel-rt shows only the installed kernel:

kernel-rt.x86_64
2.6.26.8-1.rt12.2.fc9.ccrma

Are the older ones gone?