[PlanetCCRMA] getting midi to work?

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Jan 10 11:58:50 PST 2009

> What kernel are you running? Try with the Fedora kernels or the latest
> rt kernel (2.6.26.8-1.rt12.2), the previous Planet CCRMA rt kernels have
> problems with midi.
>
> If you have an external controller you could try kmidimon to see if
> input is working.

For this purpose I installed the latest rt(+PAE) kernel from ccrma.
kdmidimon doesn't show anything at all.
and, BTW, I tried lanching muse again (after getting lash dependency).
the result was a system freeze, it complained about not finding jack
(which wasn't running) but also had some messages about not finding a web
browser. Not sure why it needed to freeze the system completely, though.
Not going to try that again.

thanks
Oded