[PlanetCCRMA] updates: new kernel for fc9/10

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 21:21:19 PST 2009

Thanks Fernando,

I connected the drive to a SATA port and although I still get the
kernel failure warnings I haven't gotten any more kernel locks! So I
guess it is good news but also there seems to be something broken in
the kernel. My log for the kernel failure is:

BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context IRQ-19(443) at
arch/x86/mm/highmem_32.c:8
in_atomic():0 [00000000], irqs_disabled():1
Pid: 443, comm: IRQ-19 Tainted: P
2.6.26.8-1.rt12.2.fc10.ccrma.i686.rt #1
 [<c041ff44>] __might_sleep+0xe8/0xed
 [<c041cd5d>] kmap+0x42/0x55
 [<f8913db5>] ata_sff_hsm_move+0x3d3/0x66b [libata]
 [<f89142ac>] ata_sff_interrupt+0x153/0x1eb [libata]
 [<c0461000>] handle_IRQ_event+0x49/0xcd
 [<c04612e5>] thread_simple_irq+0x45/0x7c
 [<c046131c>] ? do_irqd+0x0/0x229
 [<c04613cb>] do_irqd+0xaf/0x229
 [<c046131c>] ? do_irqd+0x0/0x229
 [<c043b10f>] kthread+0x3b/0x61
 [<c043b0d4>] ? kthread+0x0/0x61
 [<c040581f>] kernel_thread_helper+0x7/0x10

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hector