[PlanetCCRMA] rpmfusion for CCRMA kernel

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Mon Feb 16 20:57:11 PST 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:45:20 -0500
Curt <cfiene at cybermetrix.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a yum repository for the rpmfusion build at would produce
> loadable kernel modules for the CCRMA kernels?

"akmods"  will automatically build a very few of the common kernel modules.

These include nvidia, ndiswrapper, madwifi, and a few others.  The akmods system is for building the usual "kmod" kernel modules that come with regular fedora kernels on non-standard kernels like the ccrma-rt.  When akmods is called it downloads the sources for the kernel modules, so it's as limited as the regular kmod in what drivers are supported.

I use the akmods system to build new nvidia, kqemu, and a couple of usb camera modules for every new ccrma-rt kernel I install.  It's fast and painless to use.