[PlanetCCRMA] Success stories with CCRMA and Firewire Audio Interfaces

Juan I Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 12 09:04:14 PST 2009

> Is there a Firewire Audio Interface that anyone is (successfully) using
> on (any) CCRMA/FC* system?

I used Jarod Wilson's SRPM for building libffado.
http://wilsonet.com/packages/libffado/

It works only with PlanetCCRMA kernels only. This issue has been
discussed further on previous PlanetCCRMA postings.

> What is the name and model?

Echo AudioFire-4

> Which CCRMA/FC version?

F8

> Does midi work?

Yes, through jack.

Comment:
My only concern is that I have not been able to run FFADO console in
order to control mix levels on the AudioFire. I am not sure if the
situation is similar on focusrite hardware. The console applications
compiles with no warnings or complains.

Sound is good.

  --* Juan Reyes